What is Bibliobattle?
Bibliobattle is an intellectual entertainment competition where each participant has 5 minutes (no more, no less) to propose why their chosen book is worth the read. This battle was founded by Kyoto University in Japan. Bibliobattle's popularity has grown in Japan to a point where national championship battles are held. We are bringing the excitement to New York!
Our next Bibliobattles are on:
- Saturday, February 17th: Books with Compelling Romantic Pairings,
- Saturday, March 24th: Books That Inspire,
- and Saturday, April 14th: Cookbook Challenge
1. Choose your favorite book based on the pre-chosen theme.
2. Each battler will have 5 minutes (no more, no less) to present their book.
3. After each of the battlers' 5 minutes, audience will have a chance to ask questions (2-3 minutes).
4. A champ book will be chosen on majority vote.
*the content of the presentation is completely up to the discretion of the battler